![]() |
| This is a map of the swim! |
![]() |
| The start! |
![]() |
| Brayton making his way out! (notice how little St Kitts looks in the background!) |
![]() |
| Me making my way out - my face tells it all! |
![]() |
| Most of the group who swam and raised money to support the St Kitts Sea Turtle Monitoring Network! Thanks to EVERYONE who donated money to help us out! |
After the swim Brayton and I joined Kate and Trevor and Beth for lunch and some killer bees at Sunshines. While we were there, we found some very sick, malnourished puppies..and being vet students and big hearted wives...we decided the best thing we could do was to rescue them..so we did! We ended up bringing 6 very sick puppies home with us! 2 passed away the next day but 4 of them lived and are turning out to be great little puppies! Brayton and I were fortunate enough to be able to adopt one of them - who is our little Nevi!
| These are our 4 rescued puppies! So cute! |
![]() |
| And here is the precious little girl we adopted <3 She is so sweet! |
Aside from our dog adoption, we have also adopted a precious little kitten who I cannot wait to have a home. He was found on the side of the road here and is precious as can be! When I first met her, I said that she looked like a koala bear and she has had the name 'Koala' since!
![]() |
| She may not look it here - but she is about the size of the palm of my hand! |
Well - we have two weeks left until we go home and in that time we have:
1) final exams for Brayton (x 5)
2) packing up the villa and moving all of our stuff to the new house
3) making appointments at home for the 9 days we are home
4) take a 3 day CPR instructors course (leann)
5) cancel all our 'stuff' at the villa and renew it for the new house..
6) Sleep? eat? pack to go home? Maybe..
I am excited to go home, but it is going to be really busy and hectic. I really wish that it was easier for people to come visit here.. It's really hard to go home and I do not think we will go home again until we are done and its not looking like many people are coming to visit.
We will be home from April 22nd (really late) until May 2 (we leave at 7 am). We are going to do our best to see everyone and I apologize in advance if we don't. We will be staying at my parents if you would like to find us =)







Glad to see all the great photos of the channel swim. The team did a great job to raise a lot of money for the precious babies we all know and love.
ReplyDelete