Monday, December 9, 2013

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!!

It has been two weeks since my last update, so my goal of staying on top of things, quickly slipped through the cracks, but I swear I have a great excuse!  Last week on Wednesday Joedy arrived, so we have been busy exploring the island!  It was really great to get one more visitor to the island before heading back to America!  Before we moved here, everyone claimed they wanted to visit, and what a great excuse to come to the Caribbean... Well, aside from my family, my mom a second time, and Joedy - we haven't had any visitors!  It was nice to show her a piece of our life here, as this has been a huge part of the people we have become and will be!

Joedy arrived Wednesday, the evening prior to Thanksgiving.  Due to the insanity of flying to St. Kitts from Northern America, she had been in the airport and not slept for a day and a half, and we were all ready to crash!  Thursday was Thanksgiving, our third on the island, and it was really great to have family here to celebrate it with us!  Brayton of course had school all day, but we managed to have breakfast at the Marriott (because of COURSE the power was out the entire first night), spend some time at the beach and cook up a great Thanksgiving meal!  A wonderful holiday celebration!    

Since it was the week before finals and Brayton still had classes, he spent a lot of his time going to classes, studying, studying and studying!  I am also in my final two weeks of my two grad classes, so I had to spend some time doing school work.  Luckily, we were still able to get plenty of beach and sun time!

Our week consisted of eating at many of the local restaurants, snorkeling, swimming, beaching, pooling, site seeing, island touring, cooking great meals, and relaxing.  It was great to have a distraction from the lack of existence of my husband that happens during finals week and gave me a great reason to spend my days by the pool!

Saturday marked my one week mark left on this island... as much as I am ready and excited to move home, this place has been home for two years and I feel that it has made Brayton and I a stronger couple and better people, and I will forever be grateful for the experiences we have had here - good and bad!  I am starting to get a bit sad about leaving (never thought I'd say that!) but as I told my sister just the other day, "One thing living here has REALLY reminded me is that we often bitch and complain about so much, and everything comes to an end and as we look back and recollect, we wish we would have just enjoyed the ride a bit more... CERTAINLY one lesson I have learned and will do better at in the future!"  I think leaving may be a bit less emotional, if Brayton was staying home with me but we have to do what is best for our family right now!

It is hard to believe, this pregnancy is more than half over already!  We will be moving into 22 weeks on Monday, meaning we have anywhere from 14-18 weeks remaining if all continues to go well (hoping about 16 weeks!).

How far along? End of week 21(today begins Week 22)
Maternity clothes? Certainly looking forward to them as many of my shirts no longer cover my belly and my wardrobe is quite limited!  Luckily I've been living in a bikini the past week and a half!
Stretch marks? Not yet, and hoping the loads of sunscreen i've been using help to give the bump some extra moisture!
Sleep? Cannot complain too much - looking forward to a KING size bed!
Miss Anything? Having more than 2-3 clothing options!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Notta thing!
Mood? Been pretty good!  Feeling a bit emotional about leaving SK, my dogs flying and sending Brayton back here... but those would be there, pregnancy or not!
Weekly Wisdom? Lately, everything I have been doing, I think about what it will be like to do with two babies... So, I guess my wisdom would be enjoy leaving the house with just you!
Looking forward to? Winter weather
Total weight gain/loss? My scale at home, after a BIG dinner, says +14 lbs.. um, YIKES!
What’s new this week? Pregnancy wise - just getting bigger!  Life wise - enjoying the island and taking in the sights that I often overlook as I show Joedy around and prepare to leave.
Measurements? 42 1/2"at the belly button
Best moment this week? Starting to feel what I think is more distinct kicking, and enjoying the island!
Movement? I keep feeling little 'bam-bams' that I assume are little kicks or punches, and can definitely tell they are moving around!  Hard spots all over the belly from the outside, that soon go soft!  So cool! <3
Food cravings? Nope
Gender? Two, already spoiled, baby girls!
Labor Signs? No
Belly Button in or out? It is almost flat already.. still in, but not for long!
What is the baby up to? According to Parents.com and WebMD Pregnancy and Baby Center, the babies are about 3/4 of a pound and 10 1/2 inches long.  This week, babies are developing body fat to help keep them warm (they don't need that now, but they sure will in a week ;-) )  Babies may start practicing martial arts, so movements may become more distinct and you may be able to start to put together their schedule!  Babies eyebrows and lids are now present as well and their female parts are starting to form.


I have a lot of pictures from the past couple weeks - some of the island, some of Nevis, some dogs, some random and some of the ever-growing bump - all in no particular order!

Major's Bay on the Ferry to Nevis

Nevis Botanical Gardens






Belly Pictures from the last day of Week 20 





















Caribelle Botique - Stop 1 in the St. Kitts island tour! 

Lipstick plant



Tarzan anyone?! 


Panorama view of Caribelle Botique


Brimstone Hill 







Black Rocks - Volcanic rock remains 




A bridge for trains?  Why no!  It's for goats! 

Key Beach! 



Our family Thanksgiving! <3

Rough Life! 

Beach day with the pups! 

The dogs thoughts on school work/ finals studying! 


Walked outside to let the dogs out the other day and this was standing in the road!  Super friendly! 

Our view on one of our pool days



No comments:

Post a Comment