A quick update as to where we are at now...
Since Saturday afternoon things have not changed a ton. My blood pressure is back down to normal with a low dose of medication, my blood work is normal (with the exception of my kidney - more details on that to come), and the babies are doing wonderfully!
Beginning Saturday afternoon, I was switched to blood work being done every 12 hours, non-stress tests (monitoring babies heart rates) twice a day, tracking urine output, and continued medication to help regulate my thyroid (which was high prior to the hospital visit) and my blood pressure. Fortunately, my blood pressure is staying at a great point, and my blood work is coming back in normal ranges, with the exception of my kidney.
When I was 21, I found out that I only have one functioning kidney. The other one stopped growing and is in there taking up space but does not have any function. Up until this weekend, my single kidney has been monitored yearly and has worked perfectly. Even two weeks ago when we tested it at the doctors it was on par, so something happened within the week or two.
My creatinine levels have ranged from .8 - 1.2 and the normal range is below 1.0. Most people would be considered OK until about a 2.0 level, but being that I only have one kidney we do not want it to get much higher than 1.5. If it reaches that point, we would most likely move in and have a c-section - primarily for the safety of me which corresponds to the safety of the babies! Right now, all we can do is monitor my blood work every 12 hours and see where those numbers go and monitor urine and other kidney related function (and of course all other functions too!)
We have had the opportunity to talk and meet with the NICU doctors and are prepared for anything, but are hoping to keep these babies in until at least 32 - 34 weeks. Wednesday of this week marks 30 weeks so we will see what happens.
We really appreciate all the thoughts, prayers and support we have received from everyone from home to the great support Brayton is receiving from his classmates and professors at Ross U.
I will continue to keep the blog updated as I can but will probably stop sharing it as much on Facebook so if you would like to be informed, I recommend becoming a follower of the blog. Brayton and I have decided that we will be sharing minimal pictures on Facebook and are asking our family and friends to do the same. We hope to keep our friends and family in the loop via the blog, but do plan to keep less public. We thank everyone for their support and hope that you join on the blog!
Here's to a few more weeks of keeping these precious girls where they belong!! <3
We are thinking of you!!! Stay well!
ReplyDeleteCraig and Lisa