Since we were given free breakfast for Orientation, we all piled out of bed by 7:30 and met for breakfast and then headed to the beach for the morning! We were at Shipwreck by 8:30, and were the only ones there (I mean who really goes to a beach at 8:30 am!! - we do, and it was hot!) We all swam out to the sand bar, chatted and hung out and had a great morning. By 10:30, Brayton and I were off snorkeling with some other students. We got to see a sea turtle and it was so amazing - Brayton loved it! We also saw many colorful ocean fish, a school of cuddle fish, some lobsters, a lionfish and a puffer fish! The ocean bottom is an amazing place - I can't wait to learn to scuba.....
Unfortunately, we had to leave the beach by noon to head back to campus for more orientation. Brayton headed to campus for 'Welcome To Ross' and ' Welcome To St. Kitts' lectures where they put the fear of the island in you! I was able to go to school and work in my classroom. I still feel very overwhelmed and nervous about what I am doing, the curriculum, and everything! I was able to get some things accomplished though! Everyone there is very helpful!! Brayton came home to tell me I was never aloud to leave his presence without telling him where I was going, what I was doing and who I was with...purely for safety! Apparently their presentation with the intent to scare, worked!
We headed over to the Marriott for dinner and drinks tonight and I again will say, it is amazing there! We all sat around on comfy couches, were waited on, served great drinks, Brayton was able to have freshly made sushi...and I ate my salad! The food was really goooood! We also walked around the pool and outside there. It was so beautiful! I was suckered into buying a local beaded bracelet from one of the locals selling things at the craft market - it is very Caribbean ish!!
The busy-ness, heat and change in life is catching up...we are exhausted tonight! Hoping for lots of sleep and a productive day in my classroom tomorrow while Brayton sits through lectures! Busy...Busy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment