Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Quick Update

I once again have not been doing a good job at blogging!!  Nothing too exciting here - lots of exams and studying and lesson planning!  The apartment from our last post is official - we are moving in December 1st!!  Mom and Dad and sisters and Travis and Aunt Lo and Christian are coming down for 10 days in August - and they are pretty sure they are booking the villa NEXT door to ours - so that will be really exciting!!  This weekend we have our final two ocean dives and Brayton can't wait and I can't wish the weekend to get here any slower!  I am sure I will make it, be certified and then love it...I just need to get through all the skills!

Last week we got an email from Dr. Stewart (she is in charge of the St Kitts Sea Turtle Monitoring Network that we are apart of) and she had 15 2 day old hawksbills hatchlings that needed to be released, so our friends Kate and Trevor and Brayton and I took them to the beach, set them on the sand and watched them make their voyage to the ocean.  It was somewhat scary because they were so small and they were getting washed around, but 11 of the 15 made it out, and hopefully did not get eaten by anything on their way!  I hope they are swimming safely off to sea now!  We had to bring 5 of them back to campus for some more rest time before trying to release again because they were not moving (the babies had experienced some trauma earlier in the day so some were just not strong enough!).  We couldn't take pictures because you can only use red light with them, and it was dark out..So just imagine how awesome it was!

Hopefully this weekend we can take some more pictures around the island and get a good update on here!

Hope everyone had a great Halloween - all the kids pictures are GREAT!

Much love! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment