Tuesday, January 31, 2012

February?!?!

I cannot believe that tomorrow marks the first of February...where does the time go?  Honestly, I know...It goes to work, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, more work, sleep, and more cooking and cleaning...How do people with families do it?!  I really just don't know!

My new addiction, aside from pinterest, is reading teachers blogs.  I have found a few teachers whose blogs I follow and read regularly and have found so many inspiring and great ideas from them...but I really wonder...how do they ever find the time to do their job, be married, have a life, AND do a blog that includes everything from their teaching career?!  It motivates me to take my stuff and make a blog....but first I must find the time!  One would think that with a husband in vet school it would be the perfect time...I have nothing else to do but work, cook, clean and sit around (occasionally) while my husband is either here or gone studying!  I am thinking about it!  I guess to have to start somewhere and build off of it!  It's not going to be as big and great as these two-twenty year teachers that have been doing.  Although I have been officially teaching for 3 full years now, I have only been teaching 1st and 2nd grades for 90 days(tomorrow)...that still puts me in that first year category!  I guess there is no better time to start than now!

Anyways, I guess I just needed to type that out and convince myself I really believed I could be one of those crazy teachers with a blog!  Only time will tell!

Brayton had his first exam this week on Monday in Physiology and his second one tomorrow in Parasitology.  He is nervous about it, and is off at Rob and Kate's studying now...did I mention I really hate being home alone on this island...ugh!  Guess I better get used to it!  Brayton is also working with Dr. Stewart on the leatherback project coming up during leatherback season.  For now, he is going to weekly classes to get more turtle educated and learn about the procedures in tagging, measuring, relocating nests and other stuff...Once leatherback season(March-July ish) starts, he will be out working on the beaches (sorta scary!) from 8pm-12am one week night and all night long one weekend night....(I hope Stephanie and Rob and Kate and Trevor are ready for some sleepovers........).  The turtling is his passion, and I am glad he is getting to be so involved and learn so much!

I am really looking forward to getting started on working on my PATH certification to become a certified equine therapist (my dream job!) and hope that by the time I return to the states I will have all the 'book work' done and can start doing some on-site work and become a Certified Equine Therapist working with children and adult with mild-severe disabilities!


Happy February everyone - and with that, Happy Valentines Day!  Happy 100th Day of School!  Happy Baby Rocco to Kylie!!  Happy Birthday to my amazing Mom!!  Happy Short Month!!  Only 81 more days till Brayton and I land in NYC!  Can't wait to be home for a bit!

<3   

No comments:

Post a Comment