Friday after school, Brayton and I headed over to SNAPPER to feed the sea turtles. As we were driving home down the muddy dirt roads through Conaree, we spotted something making its way down the side of the road in the distance. As we got closer, we realized that the 'thing' was a sickly puppy who was covered in mud, and very skinny. We came to a stop and he cried at us. I got out of the car and he ran over and pretty much jumped in my arms... We drove around and asked some locals if they knew who he belonged to and they told us to just leave him on the road, he'd survive...That was when we decided we would take him home, get him cleaned up and try to find him a good home!
Previous that week, I had seen a dog from a litter that was rescued in the same area and really began considering the idea of getting another dog so Nevi would have a playmate when we moved back on our own. Little did I know, things would fall into place as they have! The puppy I saw on FB was gorgeous, and I was really interested in her...but one day with this little fello, and I couldn't help but be in love and my AMAZING, supportive husband agreed to let me keep him! =)
So, our family has grown some more... We have a new little boy who we are guessing is somewhere between 4-7 weeks old. He has a precious little black body with some brindle on his back legs, a big white chest and eyes that just melt your heart! Nevi is feeling a little jealous, but I think once she accepts him and get used to a puppy - she will make a great big sister! I am not sure if this happens with children, but I have felt like Nevi was still a puppy - until I brought a puppy home. Now I feel like she is this big, grown up dog who I expect to be a perfect role model!
We have named our little bugger BRINLEY to keep up with the long vowel sound at the end of all of our animals names! SO, we have a Nevi and a Brinley and a Charlie and a Bailey and a Marley (which I will never get Marley back from my Mom, but he WAS mine and I named him!) and a (a bit off, but) Koala... and when I had a horse, she was a Meese (long e at the end).
I am excited to have another puppy and am ready for the late night/early morning wake up calls from a puppy! Prepping for babies...real ones...someday...
Here he is!
![]() |
| Learning the NO KITCHEN rule quickly =) |
| Nevi's fleece has been taken over by Brinley! Going to have to cut it in half and 're-fab' it! |
| Our boy! |
| Snuggled right up! |
| anddd the princess. who rules this bed? NEVI DOES! |
| Precious boyyy! <3 |
| Obviously, I have a LOT of room to sleep at night.. Please send me a California King Size bed! |
| BRINLEY! |
So there you have it - as much as I would LOVE children, I am making sacrifices as my husband attend vet school and just taking in puppies - and kitty - kids! I'd include some pictures of Koala - but she doesn't come home for long! She does what she wants - all the time!
Time to sleep...Puppy will be up soon I'm sure!

No comments:
Post a Comment