Thursday, March 7, 2013

Life in the SK

At times, living in St. Kitts is truly a representation of a dream life.. Beautiful beaches, carefree lifestyles, friendly people, purely Caribbean living!

At other times, living in St. Kitts is truly a representation of what feels like a living hell...Another abandoned and abused animal, another day with a broken down car, no electricity, fires billowing across the mountains..

I go through phases here where I am completely in love with my life and where I live.. Nothing could be better!

And of course phases where I am a depressed, miserable human being who feels there could be nothing worse than the life that I am living at this current point in time.

Really..it's not that bad!

In the past week we have:
- rescued a 4-5 week old puppy from the middle of the road, saved him and found him a loving home
- spent time with some amazing friends that I am so blessed to have met because of living in St. Kitts
- helped a local boy who just wants to be loved
- cleaned up dirt, dust, sand, grit, poop, pee...dog messes..
- loved our animals
- had our car die while driving
- coasted on the road of St. Kitts (let's just say that was scary!) with no lights.  Hell, our engine wasn't even running!
- paid a mechanic to fix our car once
- called him the next day because the car started clunking really loud.. OISK!
- Gone to bed every night thankful for each other, the life we have, the lessons we are learning and the good and bad things that are shaping us into better human beings each and every day!

I hope that someday I can look back on the good and bad of St. Kitts and remember that while at times it SUCKED, and at times it was AMAZING - I have grown to be a better person, wife, friend, woman, teacher and overall a better ME!


Our Rescue Puppy who now has a wonderful home <3








Some pictures of my kids <3










The local boy Dionte who we work with, entered a photo contest - here are some pictures he took!
















Brayton is also helping Dionte learn how to drive!  


And some pictures I took on my walk home from school - 

















Yup - hood is up! 



Just another day in Paradise <3


No comments:

Post a Comment