Sunday, July 14, 2013

Life's big moments..

2 years ago, one of my biggest life moments happened.. I married my best friend, my companion, my better half, my love, my life.. my husband.  As I sat here today and recollected back on the past two years, I find it hard to believe that it has even been two years. Time has a way of simultaneously making us wish it would go faster and yet making us beg for it to slow down.

I remember everything about that week in OBX.. From the unexpected plane ride to Oregon for a job interview 5 days before the wedding, finally arriving in Virginia to my soon-to-be husband, heading to the Wedding Party House in OBX, exhaustion from flying across the country.  Swimming, beaching, partying, drinking, eating, being with the best friends I could ask for in a big house doing nothing but celebrating for 5 days before the wedding!  Having the BIGGEST, worst hang-over of my life the day before the wedding, not being able to eat at Rehearsal, getting ready that next day.. my heart racing the entire time.. Walking down that long wooden path with my big, tough Dad who I've never seen cry, crying.. Giving that last hug to my dad who didn't want to let go, seeing all the people who love us there supporting us on our big day. Having one of the most important people in my life standing in front of us performing our wedding ceremony, kissing my husband for the first time, bystanders on the beach taking pictures, the wind whipping my dress, sisters standing by my side, making everything ok.. An amazing reception, full of fun, good food and great company.  I know I am jaded, but our wedding was amazing - and we did it all on our own!

The people who made it happen, the family and friends who drove the 12 hours down to support us, being together.. I wouldn't change anything about it (except maybe that day before hang-over).  It was a day of pure bliss.

2 years later, its hard to believe what we've been through..
About a month after getting married, moving to St. Kitts.  Living in 5 different places since then, making major life sacrifices for ourselves and each other.  Learning to live a new and different life, taking a honeymoon phase and turning it into a vet school, foreign country.. we have to live HOW? phase.. And all of it, making us so strong.

With only two years under our belt, the experiences we have had and the things we have been through make it feel like 20 years!  I cannot wait to see where we actually are at 20 years!

Life is good, and its only going to get better from here on out <3





















   

No comments:

Post a Comment