6 months was a tough milestone for this Mama.. It seems like just yesterday we were in the hospital, making the decision to deliver our babies, seeing their tiny bodies crawling with wires and tubes for the first time, staring into their big blue eyes look as they glanced up at ours, feeling their warmth as they snuggled against our chests, being able to hold them in the palm of our hands. Those tiny creatures that are our babies, those precious gifts that we made and carried, now in this scary world ready to take it on with us by their sides. Where have those 6 months gone? My tiny babies crawling with wires and tubes are now big girls who smile and giggle. Those big blue eyes now glisten full of love and life, the snuggles that have only gotten bigger and better and those babies who used to fit in the palm of our hands now fill our hands and heart with more love and pride than we ever knew existed.


 |
| If you look at my last post, you will see this exact picture one month ago.. Only my babies were not nearly this big! |
This week, I have spent far less time worrying about housework and I have spent more time snuggling in with my babies.. We've always snuggled a lot, but this week we've taken extra time to cherish the moments and get as much Mama/baby time as possible. I have loved it, it has filled my heart with so much happiness, but even with all that happiness I still feel this ping of sadness that my babies are growing so fast. I want time to slow down, life to pause for a while so I can cherish these moments a bit longer. As I accept that there is no slowing down of time, and its only going to go faster, I find the time each day to cherish my moments with them, to take in every little thing they do, to capture their perfection with a photo and to remember that each day I find more love and happiness in these girls. The bigger they get, the bigger my heart gets and the more pride I feel and I look forward to that growing with them every single day for many years to come.
On Wednesday, I found myself just staring into their big blue eyes saying, "6 months ago at this time, I saw you for the first time", "6 months ago at this time you were whisked away from me", "6 months ago at this time, I had still only seen you for a brief second". Thursday, I found myself continuing on that path but this time saying, "6 months ago at this time, I got to hold you for the first time". That was a day I will never forget, their tiny 3 lb bodies being placed against mine. All the pain I was feeling vanishing and my heart opening and being filled with a love I've never known before. It's crazy how 6 months later, everyday that I lift these babies up and place them in my arms, I feel that same feeling in my heart...


Aside from my dramatic transition into the second half of the girls first year of life, we've had some exciting firsts! A couple weeks ago my parents were camping, and we cherished our time with them while enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. The girls even got some time to play in the kiddie pool. They showed their enjoyment in the arching of their backs to float and further submerge themselves as they smiled and relaxed into the water. They were floating babies, happy and cool! This past weekend, the girls had their first river experience and loved it! Their tiny bodies were swallowed by their life jackets as they slept their way across the river. They dipped into the freezing cold water and quickly adjusted to its temperatures finding enjoyment in splashing and swimming. They napped liked queens in the comfort of a rocking boat and ended every day happy and exhausted. Life is good!
 |
| Naps in the camper <3 |
 |
| Loving the pool! |
 |
| It doesn't get any more beautiful than this! |
No comments:
Post a Comment