Monday, November 17, 2014

World Prematurity Day

Today is World Prematurity Day.  It is a day to celebrate premature babies who have overcome the many obstacles they face, pray for the ones who are in the midst of those struggles and cherish the memories of the ones who were taken from us far too early.

As today progressed, I found myself taking the time to give extra hugs and kisses (as if that is even possible, they already get so many!) and being so thankful for the extra time I got on the outside with my babies, but also for their extremely good health.  As babies born 8 weeks early, we could have faced many complications and while we did face some, we were so blessed for an overall smooth road through the NICU.  From day 1, we were incredibly blessed with small, but healthy, happy babies who grew and developed better than we could have wished for.  My premature babies have grown into big, beautiful, talented, funny, smart, completely perfect 9 month old princesses!



I often sit down to write blogs, and find myself taking a few days to get all the right words on the page.  I want to share parts of our life with those who read, but also want to keep what we share in the internet world monitored and brief.  There are so many wonderful things in our lives right now that I could fill pages with everything about our day, how they sleep, what they eat, how they play, their growth patterns, etc.. etc.. etc.. but really, no one really wants to read that, so I try to keep it short, sweet, and from the heart.  With that being said, I sometimes feel like I say the same things every time, with my reiteration of how much I love my girls, how much my heart continues to swell every day and how incredibly proud I am of the little girls they are becoming.  Truth be told, that exactly how it is, and I wouldn't want it any other way!

We recently reached another big milestone, or at least what I consider a big milestone.  Maybe these milestones that appear BIG to me, appear BIG because they come with changes that I am not ready for!  6 months was incredibly hard, as I blogged about in the past, and 9 months also hit me like a brick.  It was that time where they really started progressing in their skills, I packed away swings and more baby clothes while beginning the search for the 'next size up' car seat and pulling out big girl 'things'.  As a Mom, it is sometimes the tiniest things that are the hardest, like putting away a swing.  We haven't used our swings in a couple months but the fact that I actually, finally, had to come to terms with packing them up and not having them taking up our already limited floor space tore at my heart strings.  It was one of the many things that meant my babies were growing up and becoming big girls.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love this stage and seeing them make huge discoveries and watching them progress through their developmental stages is a beautiful thing.  This, like our 6 month milestone, will pass, we will move on, continue to grow and learn and I am sure as February approaches I will find an entire new struggle that I have to work through.

For now, I will cherish each and every second, minute, hour, day, week, and month and be a Mom who is so blessed to spend each and every day loving everything about the life my girls have given me.

Happy World Prematurity Day to my most perfect premature big girls! <3








No comments:

Post a Comment