I can hardly believe that yesterday was our ONE YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! It really does not seem possible that we have been married 1 year, have been in St Kitts almost 11 months, and are less than 2 years away from being done here! Time really does fly!
Since our anniversary fell on the weekend before a big exam, we did not really do anything exciting...I made steaks and homemade mac and cheese for Brayton, Andrew and I (Emily is back in NC for the weekend - and we missed her!) Friday night...and watched a movie and fell asleep on the couch while Brayton studied and today I did some work for school while Brayton studied, watched a movie, and ATTEMPTED to make beef stroganoff, but it was realllly bad =/..
I did try to create for some anniversary celebrations and scheduled us a photo shoot for next weekend with a friend down here to take photos, Kate Walsh, and I also got Brayton a photo book that recaps memories from our past 5 years together! I think these gifts are probably more 'for me than him' but its the thought that counts, right?
Next week we have a busy week with our pets - Monday, Koala has a pre-op for her Spay, Tuesday, Nevi has to have a procedure done on her tooth because it is growing in and not out, so its going into her gum instead of on the outside of her tooth, so she is getting something put in to help move the tooth into the correct place....Thursday is Koala's Spay and Friday is Nevi's Spay! I took a personal day Friday, but I am not sure it will be very personal (they never seem to be down here!). Brayton and I are hoping to do an anniversary dinner Friday, and Saturday is our pictures...Things never slow down!
At home this weekend, it was French Fest - two years in a row of missing it...In some ways that makes me sad...in others not at all. That seems to be my general feelings about home lately.. I cannot seem to find a happy-medium...Some days/moments, I am so homesick and just want to go home, and other days/moments, I love it here and am thankful for having this opportunity..Its really hard! I think the things that make me miss home the most are all the new babies, all the kids growing up, and the fun events our friends are all having...Missing things sucks!
Today marks the ONE MORE MONTH TILL MY FAMILY GETS HERE! I wish ALL my family was coming..but I am still grateful for my parents, sisters and Travis to get to visit..Maybe some others will come someday before I leave...

No comments:
Post a Comment