Compared to 2011.. I do not have much to say about 2012, other than I hope 2013 turns out to be a little bit better..
January – I honestly cannot think of anything exciting happening this month!
February – I got suckered into helping cat trap Feral Cats on the island and feel in love with a feral cat. In case you aren't aware - feral cats are wild cats.. They generally (unless really young) do not get adopted.. They get fixed and returned to the wild.. Well, I decided I was going to try to 'tame' this cat we trapped that I just loved.. That worked.. Until it broke through a screen and ran away!
March – Over the ONE long weekend we have in a 15 week trimester, we went Deep Sea Fishing with a group of friends. It was a lot of fun! We also completed the ChannelSwim and rescued Nevi and her litter of puppies. Cannot imagine life without my girl now!
April – Over April break we went HOME for the first time since arriving in August! It was great and went by way to fast!
May – We moved into a new house with the Cope's up on Fort Tyson rise and quickly discovered that we had moved into a centipede house. It was INFESTED!!!! Then we moved out! Thank Goodness! Baby Eli
was also born in May and missing out on that (and STILL not meeting him) has been tough!
June – Since we didn't stay in the centipede house, we moved into the villa with Cope’s and later Mattera's. It also brought the end of my school year and the beginning of summer camp (yah...not summer vacation..summer camp... summer vacation doesn't exist here!)
July - In July we celebrated our one year wedding anniversary!
August – Finally, family came to St. Kitts in August. It was a great time, and I was so glad my family got a chance to see the island and get a taste of some of my life experiences here!
September – A new school year for me, and a new semester for Brayton!
October – Driving home one day, we ran into this adorable little homeless puppy on the side of the road. We brought him home with the intention of getting him adopted.. and we did that.. He's sleeping next to me right now =)
November – November brought another Thanksgiving on the island and away from home/family.. It was harder this year!
December – And December.. Another xmas vacation on the island.. and another xmas away from home. The first year wasn't bad..but this year was much more difficult.
Now it is January.. Life is moving on. Our time here is on the downward slope.. Let's hope for a better 2013.. So far, its not doing so well!! (blog to come later..)
No comments:
Post a Comment