The semester is underway! We just began week 2 today, and so far so good!
We are really loving our new, cozy apartment with just us and our pets! I cannot believe how much better our dogs are and the things they are learning! They are getting to that point now where we are working on 'un-crate training' them! So far in their short lives (Nevi = 11 months, Brinley = 4 months) they have been crated whenever we are not home and Brinley, up until recently, during the night too. Now they are both out 100% of the time at night - and the best cuddlers and we have been leaving them out and about in the house while we are gone for anywhere up to 6 hours a day! So far - they have been AWESOME! I am so proud of my pups! They play with their toys, keep each other entertained and thus far (SOMEONE KNOCK ON SOME WOOD!) have not chewed or eaten anything except their toys! Brinley has had 1 or 2 small accidents, but I am pretty sure they happen when we walk in the door because he gets so excited he just cannot hold it anymore! Go puppies! =)
 |
| Brinley.. Sleeping on his back, head on the pillow, mouth open, tongue out, snoring, snuggling with Mom and Dad <3 |
On another note, Koala who lived outside 90% of the time at the villa, has a very routine in and out schedule which I really love! She is in all night, out in the morning and evening and in for the afternoon! *What A Life*
Brayton and I are working realllly hard on eating healthy now that we are back on our own. We have eliminated pasta 100% from our home cooked meals; I am sure we will eat it out occasionally! We have also eliminated bread from the majority of our diet. We have the occasional sandwich or something - but no regular bagels for breakfast, toasts, bread with dinner, etc. etc! We are also eating majority meats and fresh veggies! Dan (friend from work) took me to the local St Kitts farmers market this weekend and I got MORE than enough FRESH St Kitts grown veggies to last me the week for $160 EC! That is $60 USD! At the grocery store here in St Kitts that same amount of food would have cost 400-500 EC! I am so in love with the market! It is all freshly picked that morning, the people are SO nice and its SO cheap! I will continue to drag myself out of bed on Saturday mornings for that! I will try to take pictures soon. It is totally different from anything you'd ever expect and a bit intimidating (there are about 2 white people there) but soo awesome!
 |
| Homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu with a Dijon Parmesan Cream Sauce and market fresh steamed broccoli! |
 |
| AMAZING yellow watermelon from St Kitts Market! SO GOOD! |
 |
| He only had that face till he tried my food! Then he was smiling =) |
 |
| Yummy pomegranates from the pomegranate tree in the yard! |
I also signed up and am helping with the St Kitts Special Olympics Swimming! I will be working with them on Saturday's and am SO excited! =)
So, I think that is about it in our lives right now.. Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment