Sunday, November 10, 2013

Ending Week 17!

Well, I have nothing exciting to report from this week.  I did get to do some babysitting for a family that was on island for the West Indies Veterinary Conference and they have a 3 month old.  As I was spending time holding her and rocking her to sleep at night, I was feeling so excited and anxious to soon be doing that with my own babies... yah... Babies is where the anxiety came in!  How will I ever do all that with two?!  I am SO excited for the challenge!  

How far along? 17 weeks
Maternity clothes? Lots of baggy, comfy, cool clothes!  Looking forward to Joedy arriving with some maternity clothes to wear on the plane ride home since my clothes, even yoga pants, are starting to get tight on my belly!  
Stretch marks? Nope, and continuing to load up the belly with Cocoa Butter! 
Sleep? Still getting lots!  Thankful for being able to sleep in and nap when I want too!  I am also starting to pee a little less throughout the night which helps!  
Miss Anything? Feeling like I have the use of ab muscles to do things like sit down and roll over!  
Anything making you queasy or sick? This weekend, when I was teaching swim lessons, the little boy I was working with had big, thick green snot flowing out of his nose... Normally that wouldn't bother me, but this weekend I was gagging as his mom was wiping his nose during the lesson... 
Mood? Happy, but starting to feel that bittersweet emotion of leaving St. Kitts.. 
Weekly Wisdom? Take some time for yourself.. Soon it will be over!  I spent a few hours laying by the pool with a good book today and it felt great!  
Looking forward to? The end of this semester, so I can have three weeks with my husband not stressed to the max!       
Total weight gain/loss? Not sure.. a few pounds?  
What’s new this week? Not much for me... A week away from blocks, anesthesia final and Rossie for Brayton, so lots of stress!  
Measurements - at the belly button? 40 1/2 inches but again, I feel like it changes 16 times a day! 
Best moment this week? Getting lots of baby snuggles while babysitting!  
Movement? Not yet.. I can definitely feel where they are in my belly from the outside because its really hard, and I can tell they must be moving around because occasionally it feels like they are pushing on things, but no distinct movement feelings yet. 
Food cravings? Not really, although I did just make egg-free cookie dough, for eating-not baking... And it was really good =) 
Have you started to show yet? Yup!  
Gender? Unknown, other than the fact that they are the same sex because they are identical twins! 
Labor Signs? Nope, and they better not show up any time soon!  
Belly Button in or out? In! 
What is the baby up to? According to Parents.com and WebMD Pregnancy, they say the babies are plumping up and developing body fat under their skin.  The babies are continuing to "breathe" amniotic fluid through their lungs, prepping for those first oxygen-packed breaths after their born.  They are flipping and rolling (so it says!) and their hearts are pumping 100 pints of blood a day.  WebMD pregnancy says that from head to toe they are about 7.75 inches... Remember, that is head to TOE and generally they aren't stretched out.  Parents.com says they are about 5.5 inches from head to rump!  

I am really over using this loaner computer that takes FAAARRR too long to do anything on, so I apologize for the iPhone crappy pics, but that is all there is for now!!  

Also, my husband takes "belly shot" literally.. Hence the lack of my head in some of these pictures!  



See the dogs pacing below here.. They already love and protect the babies and me! <3  


No comments:

Post a Comment