Originally when I got pregnant, I did not want to do one of these weekly trackers. One reason being I knew I would not be good at keeping up with it on a weekly basis (the first one is already a week late!) and two because I thought I would just blog about the great things that come with pregnancy.. Well, now that I am pregnant, I realize I want to keep these memories, and if I just do it in a word document, that's no fun because everyone asks all these same questions anyways! It is easier to just write it here and I can use it as a memoir and anyone else who feels compelled to follow along this journey can find it here too! And really, there isn't a lot exciting in my life to blog about associated with pregnancy, other than these pregnancy facts.. So here it is! Better late than never!
Depending on what dates you use, the doctors or the one on the internet where you type in your last period, and such, my weeks either begin on Monday, or Wednesday.. So, week 16 was either Oct 28th - Nov 3rd or Oct 23rd - Oct 30th... For the sake of this blog.. I am going with the Monday-Monday =)
How far along? 16 Weeks - (Oct 28th - Nov 3rd)
Maternity clothes? No, because I don't have any in St. Kitts.. But certainly sticking to the drawstring, elastic wasted pants and dresses.. My regular pants don't fit. Shirts are fine since they are mostly stretchy tanks and t-shirts anyways!
Stretch marks? Nope, and loading up the belly with Cocoa Butter!
Sleep? Since I am not working full time, for the most part, I am getting lots. I do wake up to pee, about every 2 hours and toss and turn a lot.
Miss Anything? Red wine...
Anything making you queasy or sick? The smell of dog food in the morning.. I just cannot feed them.
Wedding rings on or off? ON!
Mood? Happy for the most part.. But I have been emotional lately..
Weekly Wisdom? Take advantage of the easing up of morning sickness. Do something for yourself. I've loved getting back into Yoga!
Looking forward to? Seeing an American doctor..our last appointment was not good..
Total weight gain/loss? As of my last doctors appointment, I had gained about 1 pound.. I think i've got to be at more like 2-3 by now..
What’s new this week? Went out and did some Halloween stuff with the Prep School... First time I've been around a lot of the people I used to see on a daily basis.. Some of them didn't know I was pregnant, so seeing my popping belly was a surprise!
Measurements - at the belly button? 40 inches (but it changes so much, when I eat I feel like my belly is so much bigger!)
Best moment this week? Getting so many hugs and lots of love (both me and babies) from all my kids at the prep school.. They already love the babies so much <3
Movement? Nothing really yet.. Sometimes I feel like maybe I'm feeling something, but I can't tell if its babies or just my stomach!
Food cravings? No.. Other than the red wine every once in a while. I wish I did though, it'd make eating much easier! Getting sick of food!
Have you started to show yet? Yes, but some people say I still look really small for how far along I am with twins!
Gender? Not sure yet.. We've heard could be boys, could be girls... Yes.. We're aware!
Labor Signs? No..and hopefully not anytime soon!
Belly Button in or out? In, but my poor endometriosis surgery scar is showing!
What is the baby up to? According to Parents.com and WebMD Pregnancy, they say the babies are starting to get hiccups and that in the future I will be able to see/feel them hiccuping! It also says the babies are about 4 ounces, and from head to toe can be as long as 7 inches each! They are beginning to make facial expressions, moving their arms and legs more and their bones are hardening!
I do not have that creative touch right now to write on the chalkboard and/or jazz up my pictures.. and since I am using a loaner computer that is slower than anything, for now, our pictures will be basic.. Hopefully I will feel more creative when these grad classes are over and I have some more spare time! For now, enjoy!
Last week my evening commitments were cancelled on Tuesday, and since we were just coming out of Block 3 (big set of tests for Brayton), we decided to have a date night. Since being pregnant and not feeling well for so long, we hadn't done this in quite some time. It was fabulous to go out, talk and have someone else do the cooking, cleaning and waiting on us! We are trying to treasure these "us" moments because very soon they will be few and far between.
| Week 16 dinner date! <3 |
| Front shot - Week 16 |

No comments:
Post a Comment