Where has the time gone? I cannot believe we are already (at the end of) 18 weeks into this pregnancy, and with most twins being born around 36 weeks, that makes this week half way, although I am crossing my fingers that we can hold these babies in until week 38 so Brayton can be home for 2 weeks, and only have to leave for one week after they are born.. But, as I have learned, nothing goes as planned...
This was an extremely busy week for Brayton as he had his fourth block exam on Monday (today), he has an anesthesia final on Wednesday and his Rossie (sweatshirt spay) on Friday! On a positive note, that means we have all weekend to enjoy! We have a doctors appointment Saturday morning with an ultrasound tech from Nevis that everyone claims is really good, banquet Saturday night and then a beach day Sunday - finally a weekend to enjoy each other!
Week 18 did not bring much excitement aside from studying for Brayton and cooking, cleaning, and doing work for me! I did get to spend the day on Sunday with two of the kids from the prep school and their family who I became very close with and it was really great to spend some QT with them before leaving island. It was also my last weekend at Special Olympics Swimming Practice which was bittersweet. It has been such a rewarding experience, and seeing how much the kids/adults have grown over the year has been amazing! I hope to continue being involved, and getting my kids involved in working in Special Olympics once we are back in the States!
Last week, Dr. Norton, the head of the Georgia Sea Turtle Center was on island, and we were very fortunate to get to spend an evening out to dinner with him and Dr. Stewart (she is the Sea Turtle person on island). It was great to hear his advice and words of wisdom for following your dreams and pursuing your passion in Veterinary Medicine and to see all the accomplishments he has made. It was a big deal for Brayton as he is an important figure in the Wildlife Medicine Field today! Dreams are coming true <3
How far along? 18 weeks (last week.. I try to get these on Sunday, the last day of the week, but sometimes.. or most of the time.. I am late!)
Maternity clothes? I WISH!!! I cannot wait to get home to the big box of maternity clothes my mom has waiting for me! I think I grew a lot this week, and my regular clothes are starting to look silly. They hang off my belly and don't conform to the body anymore!
Stretch marks? Nope, and continuing to load up the belly with Cocoa Butter!
Sleep? I certainly cannot complain about sleep.. I get lots although I am sick of peeing ALL. THE. TIME!
Miss Anything? Not really..
Anything making you queasy or sick? Finally, nothing major.. I have gagging sprees every so often, but for the most part am "back to normal".
Mood? It fluctuates.. Most of the time I am content, but give me something the least bit sappy, and I'm crying!
Weekly Wisdom? Don't listen to all the people who tell you to "get used to it, it's preparing you for when you're baby is here" when talking about anything you want to do that you can't because you're pregnant and its 'preparing you'. Sure, I bet it is preparing me.. But I would rather be a little less prepared and a lot less tired (or whatever else it is you want to do)!
Looking forward to? Honestly.. I cannot WAIT to get to America, and buy a bra that fits!!
Total weight gain/loss? Last I checked, I was up about 4-5 pounds
What’s new this week? I think my belly got bigger, like a lot bigger this week!
Measurements - About 41, 41.5 inches at/just below the belly button
Best moment this week? I love that every time I Skype my Mom, my Dad asks me if I am reading books to the babies, because I need to be, and if I'm not, I should be! Sometimes he is such a sap and I just love him!
Movement? I cannot feel any actual kicking, but I can tell they are moving.. Sometimes it takes my breath away and then I have hard spots where they are. Brayton and I can feel where they/one is from the outside because when they are right on the outside of my belly its really hard, but still cannot feel any actual movement.
Food cravings? I swear to you, I am NOT an alcoholic... But, I miss my red wine.. That is all..
Have you started to show yet? Yes, but I still get those looks in public from people where they stare at your stomach, but aren't quite ready to ask if you are pregnant!
Gender? Hopefully we will know next week =)
Labor Signs? No
Belly Button in or out? In, but stretching!
What is the baby up to? According to Parents.com and WebMD Pregnancy, reflexes are becoming more developed. Babies are hiccuping, yawning and moving around. They weigh approximately 6 ounces and they are able to hear you now. Everything I read says a different thing about how big they are (and all of these are speaking for 1 baby) but hopefully next weekend we will have exact size measurements!
Sorry for the lack of creativity and diversity in pictures.. I don't get 'dressed' often, Brayton isn't around a lot, and I am not a fan of 'selfies' =)





No comments:
Post a Comment