Thursday, May 22, 2014

A new kind of love

Where has the time gone?  Is it really possible that my baby girls are already 3 months old, plus some?!  The past three months have been filled with more love than I knew existed and each day I fall more and more in love.  They are simply perfect and fill my heart with so much joy and pride.

Since my last post over a month ago so much has changed in our lives and I have found it challenging to find the time to sit down and blog.  Truthfully, I would rather take the extra time I have in my day to snuggle with my babies!

Here is a rundown of important events in the past couple months:

April 13th was the girls 2 month birthday... I am blown away at how fast they are growing and changing each and every day.



On April 20th, we finally had the homecoming we'd been waiting for for so many weeks - Daddy came home from St. Kitts!  It had been a long, hard 7.5 weeks without him here with us.  During the time he was gone, we spent many hours skyping, sending pictures and doing whatever we could to be together as a family from afar.  It was really hard, but we made it and it made our being together even more special!  I am blessed to have such a magnificent husband that loves his family so much and is willing to make sacrifices for us!  The girls and I planned a surprise pick-up for Brayton at the airport and as he walked through the exit doors, after 2 long days of travel and many missed and changed flights, he was greeted by his girls that he hadn't seen in 7 weeks.  It was a moment of pure happiness and the love of a reunited family.

Waiting for Daddy!! 





Daddy arrived home on the girls first Easter! <3

And finally, the moment he'd been waiting for for over 2 months... snuggling his girls at HOME!

 Once Daddy arrived home, our days were filled with snuggles and packing, getting ready to head to our next new home in Ithaca.  We will miss our river home, but are excited for another new adventure!  We're also looking forward to returning home to an ice free river ready for summer fun!
 



 May 3nd we celebrated Daddy's birthday and another great year!  We are all so proud of everything he has and continues to accomplish!  Joedy, Gerald, Lyndi and Travis all came to Ithaca to celebrate with us and we had a great day!!

As the girls are growing, they are becoming more and more identical!  I also want to say how incredibly pleased I am with our Cloth Diapering experience.  We have no bought a single disposable diaper or wipe since beginning of April and are so happy with our cloth!  The only regret I have thus far is not starting earlier!



   Since moving to Ithaca we have done a great deal of exploring!  It is a truly beautiful place!  We have discovered quite a few parks and love to spend time along the lake!

This month we also made our first trip to the zoo!  The girls slept the entire time, but we enjoyed it!  The girls got ohhhhed and awwwed over more than the animals I think!  




The month of May also brought about my first Mother's Day.  It is an amazing feeling being a Mom and knowing that you created, carried, and birthed two amazing little human beings is a wonderful feeling!  Each time I look at my girls, I feel so blessed to have these perfect baby girls!  I spent the day with my parents and my little family exploring Ithaca and couldn't have asked for a better day!  Feeling so blessed with the things life has given me! 



To end, this month my baby girls are 3 months old.. While they should only be celebrating their one month birthday we are SO glad that we got to have them for a bit longer and that we've been able to truly cherish the newborn phase for so long.  Having preemie babies is a challenge in so many ways but getting those extra months of tiny baby snuggles is simply amazing! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment