Luckily for me, I have AMAZING students who are very supportive of me and my homesickness at times! This year, they helped me turn our classroom into a Christmas winter wonderland and did such a great job doing it! We hung snowflakes from the ceiling, made a paper christmas tree, hung stockings and made gingerbread men for our bulletin board! Since they were so good to me, I made them all salt-dough snowmen ornaments for Christmas! I am NOT an artsy person, so this was a big deal for me! I made the dough, created them, painted them, and wrote to each individual student on them! We also did Holiday's Around the World and our last book/project was for The Legend of Old Befana - an Italian legend, so we made broom sticks, which I turned into their gift bags! What fun! On the last day of school, I also (also a big deal for me) made HOMEMADE gingerbread and let the kids cut out their gingerbread man and decorate him! They LOVED it!! Felt good to see so many smiling faces and feel so much love from students! Here are some pictures:
 |
| The gingerbread men we made! |
 |
| our tree and our stockings! |
 |
| My kids! |
 |
| Step 1 of the snowmen ornaments! |
 |
| Finished product! |
 |
| up close - so cute! Love them! |
 |
| And personalized! |
 |
| our broomsticks that represent the legend of old befana and were also the kids ''gift bags' for their presents (with their snowmen they got a bell - because we watched and read polar express and a candy cane!) |
 |
| brooms! |
 |
| decorating gingerbread cookies! And the comment of the day was "ask me again ms. leann how good these are. " me - " ok- how good are they guys?" them - " better than good, better than awesome! You are the best teacher ever!" Easily pleased children - love it! |
No comments:
Post a Comment