Sunday, September 25, 2011

"Blogging is not writing, it is simply graffiti with punctuation"

So the weekend has come and gone already!  I cannot believe it is 11 on a Sunday night and we are about to start our 4th week of school/work!  It really does not seem possible!!

Our weekend was nice though, and we were able to spend some good quality time doing non-school/work things..sort of =)

Friday night we hit off our long short week with beach volleyball.  A week ago, I was asked to join an A league team (A is real volleyball, B is get drunk and play volleyball) and play with them on Friday nights.  It was a blast!  There were two Ross students/VIP's and two local guys who play for National teams and me.  It was a pretty intense game of volleyball and SO NICE to play with people who really know how to play!  It was a workout though - my muscles still hurt!!!  Brayton and I came home from volleyball and decided to treat ourselves to dinner before heading to the movies with some friends.  We went to a restaurant called PJ's and we had the best food we have had yet on the island!  I ate homemade goat cheese ravioli (AMAZING!!) and Brayton had Chicken Rotitilli (I think) which was stuffed with cheeses and then fried with a pasta and garlic cream sauce.  It was amazing!  If you come visit, we will take you there =)

After dinner we met some friends at the movies to watch Contagion.  It was about an incurable virus and how it spread around the world and killed millions of people.  The only thing I really enjoyed about it was the quote at the start of this post!  The science people loved it though!!  We ended our night with a nice 12 hour nights sleep!!  MUCH NEEDED!!!

Saturday morning was supposed to be an 'early morning' which turned into 1030!  We went down to Port (that is where the cruise ships dock and people come into) and shopped around a bit.  There are some cool touristy shops down there!  We bought a cheap ($4) beach bag, and some coozies!  I also needed a wallet because mine was stretched out and things were falling out so as I was looking at this nice red Chanel wallet - I ask the guy working how much it is. . . His response was "$15, its a nice knock-off!"  I literally responded with "did you just say this is a nice knock-off?" And he politely said "yes, it is".  I laughed, out loud, standing there in the store!  I have never heard that from someone, usually its 'oh no, its real!  Anyways, I bought it and it works great - it truly was a 'nice knock-off!'  The best part is the Duty Free (Du Fe - thats how locals say it! - say it real fast!), liquor stores!!! We bought 4 bottles of wine and a bottle of local rum for $42 US dollars!!!!!!  Yah Mon!

Brayton has his first Microanatomy exam on Monday morning so we came back and he went to a TA (Teachers assistant) session for some review.  I picked him and Kate and Rob up there at 230 and we headed to the beach!  We all went snorkeling but there was nothing exciting out!!  Following the beach, we were all hungry so we hit up Pizza Boys and had some pizza and wings before heading back to start the long weekend of studying!

Sunday was spent studying for Brayton and lesson planning for me, that is when I wasn't making him flashcards.  Being the good wife that I am, I am always asking if there is anything I can do to help him out...so the other day he says 'you could take these questions and answers I am writing for review and copy and paste them and then print them and then cut them out and make me flash cards to study with...so that I did!  I copied and pasted every question and answer into another program, print them, cut them out, then tapped them onto index cards and labeled them by packet so he could study!  I think since Saturday night I have apx 250 index cards!  And planned my week and done other school work!

Productive weekend living on a Caribbean island..I wish my post said..."We went to the beach and sayt on the beach and swam in the ocean from Friday night till Sunday night.." But, we don't live that life, so anyone who is jealous of us, yes you should be!  But realize we dont have it THAT good =)

We do have it good though and we have each other, which makes anything good!


PS - we got our wedding pictures, there are 2,895 of them and I honestly can say I have not even looked at half of them!  If you would like to see them online, please email me or message me somewhere and I will tell you how ( my email is meesemay@gmail.com).  Hopefully our engagement session pictures will  be online soon as well!

Have a fabulous week everyone.  Miss and love you all <3










No comments:

Post a Comment