Saturday, September 10, 2011

Week One

Well, we both made it through our first week.  It was spent doing many hours of work and studying at night, and school and classes during the day.  We also had the adventure of buying a car!  We test drove a few - with no legal St Kitts license - had to be reminded which side of the road to drive on - the opposite side - and decided on the Toyota Rav 4.  We should have it Tuesday and are so excited to be able to go places and not have to take a taxi!

Friday night we went to a mustache party - its a party held by 7th semester students for newbes!  It was a great opportunity to meet lots of people, relax from a stressful first week and have fun!!  We were expecting Tropical Storm Maria to hit Saturday, so we laid low all day and it never even rained!!  We were all excited to experience our first storm on the island..oh well, I am sure there will be more!

Saturday night we made chicken wing dip and salad and had some friends over.  We ate, played cards, and enjoyed the company of good friends!!

Week two is about to start and I am sure from here on out, we will not be doing much besides school and work and HW!

Congrats to my parents, who just received Citizens of the Year in Cape Vincent!  There is not two people who deserve it more than them and I am so happy for them!  They do sooooo much for the community, and it often goes unrecognized.  I could not be more proud to call them my parents!  Wish I was home to celebrate with them - we will have to make up for it in December!!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you making time for fun in your busy schedules, good for you guys :) miss you everyday, love you
    <3 bit

    ReplyDelete