Monday was a good day for both of us, we went to the SCUBA club meeting and learned about getting certified and such. We are both really anxious and excited to get in the water and learn and go explore the depths of the ocean! If anyone wants to buy us a nice gift, we would LOVE a nice underwater camera =D!
Tuesday also went great, and we went to another meeting with Dr. Stewart, who is the head of the Sea Turtle Monitoring and Rescue organization on the island and also a Ross Prof. We have signed up, and learned tonight about, our new 'job'! There is a place on the island where rescued turtles are housed that are injured and cannot be released back into the wild. Brayton and I will be visiting them every Monday evening to feed, clean, play, etc. and are so excited about it! We are also going to help care for some newborn turtles that Dr. Stewart has rescued from the beach during the recent storms, and get them prepared to be released into the wild again!!
Although we are very busy, we are making time for some fun, educational, things we love in our life! I have updated the pictures page as well, with captions coming soon!
I must go to bed-Brayton is off studying though, and as sad as it is, I haven't gone to bed without him around in monnnttthhhss!! The joy of newlyweds <3
Miss and love everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment