Sunday, September 4, 2011

Last day before the REAL reality!

Today was our last day before work (with kids) and classes starting!  We had an amazing presenter - Dr. James Stronge, would wrote the book Qualities of Effective Teachers.  I would highly recommend it to anyone in the teaching profession and would even more highly recommend listening to him speak - and/or getting him to your school (especially admins!).  He is great and has SOO many great points and such about keeping good teachers, and diminishing not good ones (which, in my opinion, doesn't happen enough!).  We also had open house tonight and met many parents and students.  I am really excited to start tomorrow!!

Brayton went Ziplining through the rainforest today.  His response was "It was fun, but not as good as skydiving!"  Nothing will live up to skydiving for him!  He then spent the rest of his day building up the anxiety and nerves about starting vet school FOR REAL tomorrow!  He will do great - he is so smart and hardworking and dedicated!

Tomorrow evening is White Coat Ceremony!  I can't wait to see him in his 'Doctor' coat for the first time...I might cry!!!

Time for sleep - pictures will come soon, when I am less tired and have more time!

Miss everyone from home, and sorry we haven't talked to you more - been sooo busy!  We are still here and doing great!  Love you! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment